Wednesday 25 March 2015

Dolly Dreaming

So sorry for not doing a blog update for the last few weeks. I went to ground, I admit it!  The last 6 months were so busy with family and home that it left little time in my already mixed up head to truly think and catch my breath. But now with the twins at school I feel like I am finally finding my groove. I think I needed time to contemplate where I was headed and what I wanted to make.

I am spending my mornings walking in the bush around my home and feeling very inspired. There is definitely something special about connecting with nature, it has a real tangible effect on the rest of my day. I definitely think my latest few dollies are a reflection of my new morning ritual.


I finished Macey and Luka off this week. They have lots of my vintage haberdasheries on them, but I think equally at home out along a bush track. I spent a good week or so working on my new little doll pattern, 14 inches and such a darling size... not to big and not small.... a perfect play size!






 A lot more dollies on my work table right now. I have to say I am really enjoying these little personalities... each one born as little day dreams that I have while I walk through the bush and each one a true delight to create.

Mel xxx

2 comments:

Bev McVilly said...

Dear Miss Molly, what a lovely page you have posted. Like you we have our own small bushland because our home is heritage listed. Not too happy about that. But I love the small area of bushland I can walk through when I turn my back on the traffic and wander amongst the gum trees. Have just heard of a book named 'The Children of the Forest' by Elsa Beskow, bet you know of it. Must see if I can buy a copy. This is written in one lump as I don't know how to paragraph on blogs as yet. The little girl on the left with the plaits, lovely hat and pink jacket is so beautiful as are your dear little baskets and beautiful bears. So glad I found you dear Mel. Good luck with everything you do, love your friend Bev.

Unknown said...

Beautiful Bev... thank you so much for such a lovely comment. Yes I do know of that book, I just adore Elsa Beskow. I feel blessed to have connected with you as well, the internet is certainly an amazing place to unite creative hearts... Much love, Mel xxxxxxxx