Friday 9 January 2015

Back to Work

I have to say, I have had the most relaxing few weeks. My dear husband and children have been on holidays, and for the first time for as long as I can remember we did absolutely nothing, a very underrated way to spend a vacation. 2014 was so busy for our family, constant coming and going. With the older children reaching that stage where they are working and studying all over the place and constantly needing taxi-ing, I know a lot of you can relate! So this Christmas break we made an effort to just do nothing. Simple days at home, resting and relaxing as a family with the occasional competitive board or card game, oh and afternoon naps. I have to say it has been wonderful!!

To top everything off my little work area has been restored, well almost. You may remember my Miss Molly work area was packed away to make room for my Mum to come and stay with us while she recovered from an accident. We are a large family of 8, living in a shoe box of a cottage with really not much room to swing a cat. But if there's a will there's a way and I have become quite an expert in organising and making small spaces work, though even I can admit adding another person gave a whole new meaning to a close knit family. So with Mum back in her home I was able to reclaim my space.

I still have a lot of stock in boxes, but my table is back and that is the most important part. Believe it or not it took only an hour for all my bits and bobs to be covering the surface and my "organised" Miss Molly chaos was back, with piles of laces and flowers and balls of crochet cotton.


I have so many things I want to make and do and I am just itching to back into Miss Molly. I decided to spend my first week back, getting into the swing of things and making some hats for the shop.


I really enjoy creating these simple little hats. Each one is different and they are filled with vintage goodness. I love decorating them with bits of lace, ribbon, buttons, buckles and flowers.


So I am slowly adding them to the shop this week. I know a lot of people have contacted me over these little hats, I will be trying to add quite a few to fill the millinery section of the shop. I am hoping to be able to add a permanent custom listing, where you can design your own, just choose your size, colour and trim. I'll hopefully have that up and running through January, so if you are interested in vintage style hats, it might be worth a look.

I've also set a new years resolution to finally get cracking and design my own hat blocks. I really want to start making some straw and felt cloche hats, specifically for dolls and bears. So hopefully I will have some news about that sooner rather than later.




Mel xx

No comments: