Sunday 31 August 2014

For the love of yarn and bears

This week I started to prepare for an up and coming doll show I will be displaying at. A lot of work ahead of me and a lot of planning of what I would like to have on my stall. Along with a myriad of dolls I did want to have a small display of yarn bears... only because I have discovered over the last few months how much I love to make them.

If you have been following my blog .. you would have seen my knitted bears and bunnies, it was always a huge challenge for me to master crocheting them. Finally after many, many, many hours of fiddling I managed to create some little bears that I think are ok.... and perhaps worthy of a little place on my stall.


This little one is Primrose



 
This is Penelope


A little close up of her Penelope's bonnet




Gathered together with another little friend Pearl. They measure 4 inches. I am working on crocheting a slightly smaller one.... but we'll see yet whether I can manage that.

Here is a little peep at the tiny micro thread bear I am working on. It's taking much longer to do than I first anticipated.... but I am enjoying the challenge!


I did manage to make a bear slightly larger than these. Miss Agatha Winterbottom. She is about 9 inches.



Here is a close up of Miss Agatha's hat, truly vintage, made from vintage crochet cotton and finished with antique flowers. lace and a little antique mother of pearl button.

After a week of bears I think its time to get back to some dolly's, two have been sitting on my work table watching me this week while I indulge in my newly found bear obsession. So patient they have been... time to finish them off now.


Mel

No comments: