Tuesday 24 June 2014

Tea Time with Molly Bear

Well I think its fair to say that my antique Molly Bear who has been sitting on my shelf overseeing my work this week has had a beary big influence on me. Is it wrong that I haven't made a doll this week??? But I'm emercing myself in all things bear. I do have a dream of a little doll and the yarn is sitting on my work table, as well as a very sweet skirt made with antique broderie anglaise.... but for the time being its all about making Mollys Bears.



Todays's Molly Bear is pretty in pink. I think I was influenced by a bundle of antique millinery flowers that arrived here the other afternoon. In amongst them was a fabulous cream linen blossom, with, what looks to be, hand painted edging. So Beautiful and well deserved of becoming a little Molly Bear fascinator.



The fascinator also has antique ribbon and lace.

 



She's the perfect tea cup size..... I have been thinking that on my next trip to my favourite antique shop I must look for some more tea cups, besides the fact that Earl Grey tea tastes better in antique cups, bears look so much nicer when posed in them.


Her little knitted dress is finished with tiny antique shell buttons. I love that they aren't matching, just to add to that vintage look.

 

Mel 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She's beautiful and looks so cute in the teacup! xx